Day 15

Today I made a lot of slow and steady progress. With the paper and the CAE experiment out of the way (for now), I focused on the ladder network code. First, I adapted the code to be object-oriented, so that it would (mostly) work within our pipeline. Every few iterations, I tested the code with Pavia U and MNIST, just to make sure I didn't stray away from the 80% and 98% I achieved earlier. I would guess that failing to do so is what gives rise to hard-to-trace bugs, and nobody likes those. There was one issue where the model would crash and burn around epoch 50, and predict nothing at all. This might be linked to the NaN loss that was occurring in the previous ladder network code, and I think I've found the solution. Whether I have succeeded or failed will be in tomorrow's blog post. I haven't had enough time to run >50 epochs with the fix yet, and everybody likes a good cliffhanger. Tune in next week to find out who shot Nate and the real reason he left to run in the mountains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Outline

Day 28