Day 10

At the morning meeting we critiqued a few more abstracts, including mine. None of the other interns gave me any feedback, and Joe clarified a few points that were not fully explained in the abstract. I guess I'll just leave it as it is.
I talked to Ron about finding papers that relate to the research, and apparently I had a misconception last time. Building upon the silly extended metaphor from last time, I present a continuation: like trying to find a needle in a haystack, and finding a handful of paper clips, then realizing that there is another haystack, and paper clips were what you were supposed to look for. I did this for most of the day today as well. There was a tech talk today about quantum physics and quantum computing. It seemed pretty out-of-place for CIS, but informative nonetheless. I also ran into a Victor graduate at the tech talk, which was kind of surreal. For the last part of the day, I wrote a bit about semi-supervised learning in Ron's research paper, and I will continue that next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Outline

Day 28