Day 11

Today was pretty eventful. At the morning meeting, we finished up judging each other's abstracts (sans Emma's). Arriving at the lab, Ron reviewed some work with me. I now have three tasks on my plate:
  1. Redo the (S)(M)CAE experiments, now with a slightly different setup.
  2. Draft the semi-supervised learning portion of Ron's paper.
  3. Debug the ladder network code.
Of the three, the last is by far the most difficult. There are hundreds of lines of code using a library I'm not familiar with, and it's emulating a model I don't fully understand. We're also dealing with big data, intertwined systems, and random distributions, which make it hard to debug with small, isolated tests. I'm planning on re-reading the papers on ladder networks until it completely makes sense.
Today I also attended the MVRL meeting about the Pupil Labs eye tracker. It seemed useful for high quality video capture, but I'm not really familiar with the research. It's also cool that the code is open-source, but it seems far from perfect. I guess that's more reason to release it.
The Document Restoration interns came to the lab with something that looked like this and asked if I could decipher a Chinese character from it. Apparently they were dissatisfied with my response ("no"). Go figure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outline

Day 2

Day 28